cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Outdoor / Scouting / Survival (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Need some ideas for breakfast on campout (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12679)

MikeWaters 10-11-2007 08:06 PM

Boy you guys are noob rubes. I'm talking about something exquisite and creative. Not pancakes.

YOhio 10-11-2007 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 134790)
Boy you guys are noob rubes. I'm talking about something exquisite and creative. Not pancakes.

You can make ommelletes. One easy way is to boil water, put the fillings and eggs into individual ziploc bags and then boil the bags. They don't taste as good as traditional omellettes, but they're pretty good for a campout.

Jeff Lebowski 10-11-2007 08:24 PM

Quote:

Give them some steamed rice and natto. Throw in some miso soup and maybe some cold salmon. Your in-laws would be proud.

nikuman 10-11-2007 08:33 PM

Quote:

Fine, fine. Make yourself some lobster omelets with a clam bake. Get some lobsters, put them on ice, stew 'em up with a mess of steamer clams in a big cast iron kettle or dutch oven, take the lobster meat and make omelettes (use a good amount of butter, unless you prefer bacon grease).

The kids will love playing with the lobsters too. For extra fun, remove the rubber bands from the claws before you let them play with them.

Pineapple upside down cake for dessert. Easy to make.

nikuman 10-11-2007 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski (Post 134802)
Give them some steamed rice and natto. Throw in some miso soup and maybe some cold salmon. Your in-laws would be proud.

Wait a second; you're telling me that Mike's wife is of Japanese decent? And he didn't come up with this idea on his own?

MikeWaters 10-11-2007 08:37 PM

MMMMMmmmm, I love natto.

Miso soup, mmmmm.

Goatnapper'96 10-11-2007 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikuman (Post 134810)
Wait a second; you're telling me that Mike's wife is of Japanese decent? And he didn't come up with this idea on his own?

But she has been an adopted Jew since she was 8.

il Padrino Ute 10-12-2007 04:42 AM

Quote:

You got something against fresh trout?

MikeWaters 10-12-2007 04:44 AM

I talked to the YM president. Despite the fact that he served a mission in Japan many a year ago, he does not have a taste for natto. So that's off the list.

RC Vikings 10-12-2007 03:00 PM

Make it a survival morning and tell them they are on their own.