cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Are we seeing Charlie Weiss phenomenon at BYU? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11881)

Indy Coug 09-17-2007 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 124718)
beating a better team with sheer hook, crook, desire and gumption.

Outside of Miami 1990, what game during the LaVell era qualifies under this description?

Indy Coug 09-17-2007 10:33 PM

2006 was one of the 4 or 5 best BYU teams ever. Do we really only give a coach two consecutive losses after that before engaging in a nonsensical thread like this?

tooblue 09-17-2007 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cali Coug (Post 124731)
I can't believe we are even having this discussion. Talk to me after Bronco loses 5 more games. Then you may have a comparison.

BYU was very competitive against Tulsa and UCLA. The losses were both due to stupidity on the part of the players. Contrast that with ND's losses this year. They never had a chance, have yet to score a single offensive touchdown, and look like garbage.

If BYU won Saturday, we would all be talking about the BCS. As is, the BCS is no longer a realistic shot, but a conference championship and Vegas Bowl title still are well within reach.

Agreed. The discussion is rediculous!

Goatnapper'96 09-17-2007 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 124736)
2006 was one of the 4 or 5 best BYU teams ever. Do we really only give a coach two consecutive losses after that before engaging in a nonsensical thread like this?

I must say Indy has come the full circle. Fine post sir, stay in Bronco's corner, he is worth your time and effort. If you ever wonder which BYU coaches are just inquire and I will let you know where to spend your resources. You are back in the circle of trust.

I will also add that since my faith was restored last year which gives me a positive perspective when BYU shits out an egg like saturday's contest, I have come to another conclusion. This fanbase needs some losses. With the internet and talk radio, can you imagine how unsufferable BYU could become if it had another run like it did from '79-'85?

BYU71 09-17-2007 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 124736)

What is so nonsensical? A question was asked and people gave their opinions. I think right now I come down on the side of Bronco is a very good coach in the developing stage. I think Bronco mania, of which I get caught up in too, gets a little too carried away at this point.

The rest of the season will tell us a lot.

Goatnapper'96 09-17-2007 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BYU71 (Post 124740)
What is so nonsensical? A question was asked and people gave their opinions. I think right now I come down on the side of Bronco is a very good coach in the developing stage. I think Bronco mania, of which I get caught up in too, gets a little too carried away at this point.

The rest of the season will tell us a lot.

Oh come now, Utenation is presently similar to sailors at a Pearl Harbor brothel after a six month sea tour. SeattleUte is the foremost "minuteman" in the group. They are taking their shots, but alas their energy is expended after but a few thrusts. We, no different than the women of illrepute at said brothel, take their feeble thrusts while really getting no pleasure out of it. I don't even think we get paid.

I think Brother Neeleman and Veritas are already on the back veranda smoking cigarettes and dropping fireside jokes.

SeattleUte 09-17-2007 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cali Coug (Post 124731)
I can't believe we are even having this discussion. Talk to me after Bronco loses 5 more games. Then you may have a comparison.

BYU was very competitive against Tulsa and UCLA. The losses were both due to stupidity on the part of the players. Contrast that with ND's losses this year. They never had a chance, have yet to score a single offensive touchdown, and look like garbage.

If BYU won Saturday, we would all be talking about the BCS. As is, the BCS is no longer a realistic shot, but a conference championship and Vegas Bowl title still are well within reach.

Hey pal. You still holding out for BSC busting? HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BYU71 09-17-2007 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 (Post 124742)
Oh come now, Utenation is presently similar to sailors at a Pearl Harbor brothel after a six month sea tour. SeattleUte is the foremost "minuteman" in the group. They are taking their shots, but alas their energy is expended after but a few thrusts. We, no different than the women of illrepute at said brothel, take their feeble thrusts while really getting no pleasure out of it. I don't even think we get paid.

I think Brother Neeleman and Veritas are already on the back veranda smoking cigarettes and dropping fireside jokes.

Utenation??? I haven't even read anything Utenation is saying nor do I care. Just because a Ute may ask a question doesn't automatically make it nonsensical.

Goatnapper'96 09-17-2007 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BYU71 (Post 124744)
Utenation??? I haven't even read anything Utenation is saying nor do I care. Just because a Ute may ask a question doesn't automatically make it nonsensical.

Yes it does. You are now talking nonsensical.

BYU71 09-17-2007 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 (Post 124745)
Yes it does. You are now talking nonsensical.

You are suffering from stockholm syndrom. The "true blue? crowd has succesfully captured and brainwashed you. Next thing we will hear you backing Indy's 2002 -2004 Crowton is a good coach mantra.