cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Current Events (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Chicken Little Here... (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23003)

MikeWaters 09-29-2008 08:08 PM

Ceteris, what is your conflict of interest? How will you benefit from a bailout? I want specifics.

Ceteris Paribus 09-29-2008 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 271702)
Ceteris, what is your conflict of interest? How will you benefit from a bailout? I want specifics.

Zero conflict of interest. Neither work for nor consult with a Wall St. firm or financial institution. Simply a finance major who believes stable markets drive growth and opportunity. Suppose you could say the COI is wanting to remain employed, send kids to college and retire. In that sense we all share a common conflict of interest.

Having a difficult time understanding your eagerness to bring on bad economic times. Do you benefit from mass hysteria?

SeattleUte 09-29-2008 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceteris Paribus (Post 271718)
Zero conflict of interest. Neither work for nor consult with a Wall St. firm or financial institution. Simply a finance major who believes stable markets drive growth and opportunity. Suppose you could say the COI is wanting to remain employed, send kids to college and retire. In that sense we all share a common conflict of interest.

Having a difficult time understanding your eagerness to bring on bad economic times. Do you benefit from mass hysteria?

"Finance major?"

BTW, I'm not surprised most econ profs want the bail out to occur. Especially at places like Cal.

Ceteris Paribus 09-29-2008 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 271720)
"Finance major?"

BTW, I'm not surprised most econ profs want the bail out to occur. Especially at places like Cal.

Address the issues rather than dispensing your condescending bullshit counselor. Finance undergrad (BYU), MBA (Emory), work at a mid-size consulting firm with focus on middle market business. Where did you study market economics?

SeattleUte 09-29-2008 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceteris Paribus (Post 271725)
Address the issues rather than dispensing your condescending bullshit counselor. Finance undergrad (BYU), MBA (Emory), work at a mid-size consulting firm with focus on middle market business. Where did you study market economics?

Thanks. I'm glad you're not still in college. We have one smarty pants guy still majoring in stuff and that's enough.

It looks to me like you have a heretofore undisclosed interest in the bailout. Your narrowing the scope of Waters' question was sort of clever.

Archaea 09-29-2008 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 271733)
Thanks. I'm glad you're not still in college. We have one smarty pants guy still majoring in stuff and that's enough.

It looks to me like you have a heretofore undisclosed interest in the bailout. Your narrowing the scope of Waters' question was sort of clever.

Too much is being done too quickly, and I agree many are probably cutting sweetheart deals to be saved. In a perfect world, those causing this fiasco would lose their jobs, their pensions, their assets and in many cases their lives. Too much behind the scenes negotiations and too much money not audited and unaccounted for.

I don't know where to find the article, but I heard of a middle management sort, who participated in the bailout bill, that is purported to have said in response to the question how the 700 billion dollar number was arrived at, "well we just picked a really big number." IOW, there is no substantial support for the dumb number, because the true thinking is, if they're wrong, they'll just go back to the taxpayer.

I hope the morons who did this are prosecuted, and pursued to the ends of the earth.

Tex 09-29-2008 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 271748)
I hope the morons who did this are prosecuted, and pursued to the ends of the earth.

Obama can tell you where to find one of them.

BarbaraGordon 09-29-2008 08:48 PM

Dow down eight hundred points? wow.

TripletDaddy 09-29-2008 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 271720)
"Finance major?"

http://www.rivalwit.com/productIMG/calIMGshirtS.jpg

SeattleUte 09-29-2008 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 271754)
Dow down eight hundred points? wow.

Two more weeks of this and the American economy will be worth $0!!!