cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Tonga Ruled Ineligible (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19320)

RockyBalboa 05-12-2008 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam (Post 219796)
Yes.

Liar.

I call your bluff.

BYU71 05-12-2008 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam (Post 219804)
1. BYU loses a scholarship player for next year's team. That is pretty harsh punishment imho.

2. I would rather win or lose with good kids, then take marginal ones and score a few more touchdowns. Honestly, I'd take a third loss in both of the last two years to not have had to hear once about a BYU football player breaking down apartment doors or getting arrested etc.

Thank goodness mullah's like you don't run the show.

Spaz 05-12-2008 06:27 PM

Quote:

1. BYU loses a scholarship player for next year's team. That is pretty harsh punishment imho.

2. I would rather win or lose with good kids, then take marginal ones and score a few more touchdowns. Honestly, I'd take a third loss in both of the last two years to not have had to hear once about a BYU football player breaking down apartment doors or getting arrested etc.

1. One of 85. In fact, they can now likely offer a scholarship to a walk-on who otherwise would be paying his own way through school.

2. And would you like to see every student of BYU who makes stupid mistakes get kicked out without so much as a second chance? Even if we come to the conclusion that Tonga is without hope for improving his character (and even that's assuming his character is of the type you are judging him to be), the one person who was helped by BYU's policies is well worth his failure.

If you want to debate the moral obligations of the BYU football team's students, why don't you do it on the religion board?

RockyBalboa 05-12-2008 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam (Post 219808)
And want to meet in the parking lot and challenge me to say it to your face? Right? Lol. Grow up.

Way to puss out and not answer the challenge.

Again, I call your bluff.

You are a liar and a coward.

Spaz 05-12-2008 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BYU71 (Post 219810)
Thank goodness mullah's like you don't run the show.

For one that purports to be so wise and inclusionary, he's being awfully judgmental here, isn't he?

Spaz 05-12-2008 06:30 PM

Zilog, because you started this Adam-fest, I banish you from visiting this site while at work for the next 2 days.

cougjunkie 05-12-2008 06:30 PM

I just did a search of the arrest records in all counties in the state of Utah as well as San Mateo where Manase is from, and the only incident is the one everyone knows about.

So he must not be too bad.

Flystripper 05-12-2008 06:31 PM

Quote:

I want to win with a small dose of marginal kids, some of which, who will take the opportunity to become great kids. Of course some kids won't take rise to the occaision so there will be some attrition, but if you are not willing to take risks there won't be rewards.