cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Basketball (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   I don't expect a win Wednesday (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6267)

mpfunk 01-29-2007 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 57028)
It's completely irrelevant how long it's been. KVH and Justin Weidauer aren't playing in this game.

The length of the winning streak is irrelevant because Rick Majerus is not on the sidelines.

Indy Coug 01-29-2007 05:21 PM

It's nice to see that that fat piece of crap is still not abusing any more college age kids. He's a crappy TV analyst too.

il Padrino Ute 01-29-2007 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 57033)
It's nice to see that that fat piece of crap is still not abusing any more college age kids. He's a crappy TV analyst too.

Such class displayed here. I don't like what he's done to lots of kids either, but I won't sink to that level.

You're wrong about his being an analyst. The guy knows more about the game than almost anyone. I'd guess you're opinion of his ability as an analyst is tainted by your personal feelings of him.

Indy Coug 01-29-2007 05:30 PM

The best thing the SL Trib ever did was help bring about his middle-of-the-night departure to Santa Barbara to avoid the full frontal assault expose they were about to do on him.

il Padrino Ute 01-29-2007 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 57042)
The best thing the SL Trib ever did was help bring about his middle-of-the-night departure to Santa Barbara to avoid the full frontal assault expose they were about to do on him.

Ah yes, the ultimate grudge-holder, Monson. No surprise that he's a BYU grad, is it?

Detroitdad 01-29-2007 05:40 PM

Majerus was a great coach. He is an ok analyst IMVHO. He is a really good analyst if you are a hoops junkie. Or just a junkie.

Indy Coug 01-29-2007 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 57052)
Ah yes, the ultimate grudge-holder, Monson. No surprise that he's a BYU grad, is it?

Please. It was a lot more than Monson behind this one.

Jeff Lebowski 01-29-2007 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 57028)
It's completely irrelevant how long it's been. KVH and Justin Weidauer aren't playing in this game.

Completely irrelevant, my eye. A 13-year streak is as relevant as it gets. It means Utah always plays well in this game.

il Padrino Ute 01-29-2007 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 57057)
Please. It was a lot more than Monson behind this one.

You're right. Kinehack too. Another master of grudges.

My question is: How do you know about this? Did Brandon Gurney tell you what he found in Monson's garbage cans?

Indy Coug 01-29-2007 05:45 PM

I've got multiple connections in the media. You do the math.