cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   collie quote: (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14204)

woot 11-25-2007 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelBlue (Post 154154)
It means he's still pissed that Utah lost.

Can't blame him. When you get dominated but still have a chance to steal the game, it's gotta be rough when the natural order prevails.

RockyBalboa 11-25-2007 12:38 AM

I'm sure it's something that will piss Yewt "fans" off for the next 364 days.

I'm okay with that.

Brian 11-25-2007 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelBlue (Post 154154)
It means he's still pissed that Utah lost.

Yea, I am pissed.

I wonder if utah had won, would collie have had the nads to say:
"If only I had gone to see the Bishop last week, I think we would have won."

Brian 11-25-2007 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woot (Post 154158)
Can't blame him. When you get dominated but still have a chance to steal the game, it's gotta be rough when the natural order prevails.

Yes, I'd rather get rolled. Then you don't worry about the what ifs.

maybe i'll become a byu fan.

woot 11-25-2007 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian (Post 154156)
If it's so hard to get into byu, why are they letting a deep thinker like this in?

Heh it makes you wonder. Then again, I knew some really stupid people at BYU. Getting good grades in high school isn't difficult.

BYU is so hard to get into because everybody wants to go there for the religious experience, not because they have great academics. I'm glad I went there, as it helped me to recognize how much I didn't enjoy the religious experience, and I feel like a got a good education, but the three hardest classes I ever took were at the JC I went to before transferring to BYU.

il Padrino Ute 11-25-2007 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woot (Post 154158)

Dominated? How so? Aren't you the one who says that stats mean nothing?

woot 11-25-2007 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 154166)
Dominated? How so? Aren't you the one who says that stats mean nothing?

ruh roh. Methinks you should reread that conversation for context.

il Padrino Ute 11-25-2007 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woot (Post 154169)
ruh roh. Methinks you should reread that conversation for context.

No, I don't need to reread it. MP provided stats to prove that Utah is the best pass defense BYU faced and you said that stats don't mean anything.

woot 11-25-2007 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 154173)
No, I don't need to reread it. MP provided stats to prove that Utah is the best pass defense BYU faced and you said that stats don't mean anything.

Sigh. they don't mean anything because they aren't comparable. He's saying that Utah is top 5 against the pass, conveniently ignoring that they didn't play any of the top passing offenses. I never said that stats are always meaningless, and in fact I tend to put more emphasis on stats than most. BYU could run at will against the U's defense, and Utah's offense was impotent for most of the game. It would have been dominant on the scoreboard too if a couple more catches had been made. Nuance brother, nuance.

Colly Wolly 11-25-2007 12:49 AM

Is there a big difference between what Collie said and what Ray Lewis said on the podium after winning the Super Bowl in 2001? Ray gave credit to God for the victory, and his ability to withstand the "trials" that God gave him (murder trial). Were people freaking out about that? Cause I think it's pretty similar.

Athletes give credit to God all the time. I love that it pisses all these Ute fans off.