cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fitness and Wellness (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Fitness and Self Esteem (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8065)

Black Diamond Bay 05-08-2007 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 78237)
For me it's not a question of self esteem, but rather emotional stability. I feel saggy and weighted down on days, rare, when I don't do something. Today I had a lousy workout and feel dumpy.

I am also more in this camp. I like to work out until I feel so exhausted that I don't think I'm physically capable of continuing the workout. After a solid workout like that I get a big endorphine rush and I don't have a worry in the world. I've never been high, but I suspect that getting high doesn't feel as good as getting a good dose of endorphines.

Surfah 05-08-2007 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay (Post 79578)
I am also more in this camp. I like to work out until I feel so exhausted that I don't think I'm physically capable of continuing the workout. After a solid workout like that I get a big endorphine rush and I don't have a worry in the world. I've never been high, but I suspect that getting high doesn't feel as good as getting a good dose of endorphines.

You need to get high.

Surfah 05-08-2007 06:07 PM

I correlate the two to some degree I think. Since October I have lost 38 pounds. I still want to lose another 25 or so. I feel much better about myself, not necessarily because I look better, but I think it's more about what I have accomplished through determination and hard work. I guess I am like Babs in that way.

But it was a good feeling to take 5 pairs of pants to DI the other week because they looked ridiculously large. ;)

Archaea 05-08-2007 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surfah33 (Post 79603)
You need to get high.

Not really. Getting high has nothing on exercise high. It's almost as good as a couple hours of loving sex.

The buzz and highs are meaningless forms of escape, and they don't last very long.

Surfah 05-08-2007 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 79615)
Not really. Getting high has nothing on exercise high. It's almost as good as a couple hours of loving sex.

The buzz and highs are meaningless forms of escape, and they don't last very long.

It was a joke. Of all the many things I have done in the folly of youth, getting high was never one of them. There was always a part of me who fancied going into the FBI like my old man, so I always passed on the grass.

I am with you on this, but I do have some friends who would disagree.

Archaea 05-08-2007 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surfah33 (Post 79622)
It was a joke. Of all the many things I have done in the folly of youth, getting high was never one of them. There was always a part of me who fancied going into the FBI like my old man, so I always passed on the grass.

I am with you on this, but I do have some friends who would disagree.

Without admitting or denying involvement, I may have familiarity with such activities, and my indirect or direct involvement confirms my personal declaration, it's not worth it.

Surfah 05-08-2007 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 79623)
Without admitting or denying involvement, I may have familiarity with such activities, and my indirect or direct involvement confirms my personal declaration, it's not worth it.

I am watching you Focker. ;)