cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Sup, Foo (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14432)

TripletDaddy 11-29-2007 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 156691)
Name. I'd like to hear the name of the golfer.

Alice Cooper.

His wife's cousins are Brandon Flowers and Alice Cooper.

il Padrino Ute 11-29-2007 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 156694)
Alice Cooper.

His wife's cousins are Brandon Flowers and Alice Cooper.

Cool.

I have a friend named Aaron Flowers who is a pretty good golfer and used to be a radio personality here in SLC.

Filsdepac 11-29-2007 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 156670)
Not so fast my friend....if you were a prodigy, why did you need your sister's help to beat Zelda?

PS Did you both ever play Double Dribble together? I loved shooting free throws on that game and passing the ball really fast. I also liked hitting the "reset" button so the computer could say "Double Dribble."

We were an incredible duo, she was the Haydn to my Mozart. We also excelled in computer games such as King's Quest, and later the Secret of Monkey Island.

CougJunkie is correct, RBI Baseball was great (still play it on my computer from time to time), as well as Tecmo Bowl.

Answering Il Padrino Ute's question, his name is Craig Barlow. Like I said, he's not very good.

JohnnyLingo 11-29-2007 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Filsdepac (Post 156704)
We were an incredible duo, she was the Haydn to my Mozart. We also excelled in computer games such as King's Quest, and later the Secret of Monkey Island.

CougJunkie is correct, RBI Baseball was great (still play it on my computer from time to time), as well as Tecmo Bowl.

Answering Il Padrino Ute's question, his name is Craig Barlow. Like I said, he's not very good.

We need a thread about old computer/video games. Ever play Space Quest? Way more fun than King's Quest. I still remember having to sling (not throw) a rock at a guard's head using a jock strap.

Excellent avatar. I'm impressed you beat Zelda at such a young age. I tried it a few times when I was 9 or so and never got very far.

Filsdepac 11-29-2007 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 156761)
We need a thread about old computer/video games. Ever play Space Quest? Way more fun than King's Quest. I still remember having to sling (not throw) a rock at a guard's head using a jock strap.

Excellent avatar. I'm impressed you beat Zelda at such a young age. I tried it a few times when I was 9 or so and never got very far.

Do I ever! Space Quest was hilarious and very fun. PaloAltoCougar was an avid fan as well, as he obviously was the one buying all these. Do you know of anywhere that I could get these games?

You should start a thread, I also loved Wing Commander, oh the memories.

YOhio 11-29-2007 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Filsdepac (Post 156800)
Do I ever! Space Quest was hilarious and very fun. PaloAltoCougar was an avid fan as well, as he obviously was the one buying all these. Do you know of anywhere that I could get these games?

So is PAC your dad?

JohnnyLingo 11-29-2007 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Filsdepac (Post 156800)

I got started with Wing Commander III, starring Mark Hamill and a race of giant cats!

As far as downloads... I've found a few sites that claim to be selling a CD with classic Sierra games for like $20 but I've been too wary to try them out.

You'd probably need to run DosBox to run any of them, as well.

Filsdepac 11-29-2007 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 156807)
So is PAC your dad?

Yeah, 'filsdepac' is French for son of pac. I know, weak name, but i was trying to be clever and was going through that whole 'post-mission-think-i'm-cool-because-i-speak-another-language' phase. I could have changed it here, i guess, but wanted to match cougarboard. Oh well.

SteelBlue 11-29-2007 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Filsdepac (Post 156824)
...and was going through that whole 'post-mission-think-i'm-cool-because-i-speak-another-language' phase.

My brother termed this "Bilingual Fascination Syndrome" while he attended BYU. He thought it was hilarious when a couple former mission companions would run into each other on campus and start speaking to each other in Tagalog when 2 years had passed since the mission. I'll admit I went through that phase too.

Tex 11-29-2007 02:34 PM

Abandonia.com is where you brethren long to be.