cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What does your area use to count votes? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24337)

exUte 11-04-2008 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solon (Post 289355)
I just voted, and apparently my area decided to go old-school for this election.

Fill-in bubble sheets.

I couldn't decide if I was voting for President or taking the SAT.

Then, you had to hand your 8.5" x 14" (legal size) paper ballot, unfolded, to the registrar, and everyone in the room could see which oval you had filled in.

Seemed pretty Mickey-Mouse.

Our precinct had some ACORN volunteers handing out ballots while waiting in line with the promise that they would tally them later in the day. Then they gave everyone suckers......or did they call us suckas?

landpoke 11-04-2008 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exUte (Post 289421)
Our precinct had some ACORN volunteers handing out ballots while waiting in line with the promise that they would tally them later in the day. Then they gave everyone suckers......or did they call us suckas?

I realize I'm stating the obvious, but that didn't happen.

exUte 11-04-2008 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landpoke (Post 289425)
I realize I'm stating the obvious, but that didn't happen.

There were some nuts there. Isn't an ACORN a nut? Interestingly they took on the name of a nut to represent their political views. How appropriate. It just hit me.

BTW.........Ohbama is going to bankrupt your industry. I'd start looking for another job........real quick. Perhaps part of the new citizen 'force'.

landpoke 11-04-2008 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exUte (Post 289428)
There were some nuts there. Isn't an ACORN a nut? Interestingly they took on the name of a nut to represent their political views. How appropriate. It just hit me.

BTW.........Ohbama is going to bankrupt your industry. I'd start looking for another job........real quick. Perhaps part of the new citizen 'force'.

Oh don't you worry about us, we're a resourceful bunch.

BTW, I hope you liked $4 gas because we're rolling out $5 gas in early 2009. Gotta keeps those profits up somehow.

BarbaraGordon 11-04-2008 06:22 PM

Quote:

I just voted, and apparently my area decided to go old-school for this election.

Fill-in bubble sheets.

Did they have any of those confusing analogies? I always hated those.

Bush:McCain :: Cheney:

Biden
Palin
Romney
Darth

Mormon Red Death 11-04-2008 06:44 PM

Quote:

Fill-in bubble sheets.

Then, you had to hand your 8.5" x 14" (legal size) paper ballot, unfolded, to the registrar, and everyone in the room could see which oval you had filled in.

Seemed pretty Mickey-Mouse.

same here except I got to feed it into the machine so know one could see my ballot