cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   disconnect between team/bronco and fans (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24643)

Hot Lunch 11-11-2008 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 293709)
Bronco should shut his Coaches Circle pie hole about the fans proving they are fully invested. The school would not be paying him his current salary if it werent for the fans....who are basically paying it.

These are my thoughts as well. Fans have nothing to prove to Bronco.... Absolutely nothing. Bronco really needs to stop dwelling on this.

Brian 11-11-2008 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hazzard (Post 293733)
And the corollary to this accurate statement is ... if we beat Utah, all will be forgiven.

Sounds like life for us Utes under Howard, Stobart, Fassell.

RockyBalboa 11-11-2008 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottie (Post 293734)
Do any of you here think BYU fans boo more than other fans? I do, but I'm not sure why. Maybe it's somehow connected to the persecution complex we have as Mormons.

If you think that then you haven't been in other stadiums.....while BYU (and Utah fans) are passionate about their team,,,you ain't heard anything yet in terms of booing till you've been in a stadium where the expectations every year are BCS Bowl/National Championship or bust...and if you suck it up....you will hear it from the fans and then some.

ute4ever 11-11-2008 06:52 PM

This is another example of how the BCS is ruining the sport. Rather than the fans enjoying a 9-1 season, they worry about style points. Leading by only 14 at halftime isn't good enough when you are looking up to Utah, Boise State, and Ball State.

Tex 11-11-2008 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 293709)
Bronco should shut his Coaches Circle pie hole about the fans proving they are fully invested. The school would not be paying him his current salary if it werent for the fans....who are basically paying it.

Hey Triplet, why not just cut Bronco off from the trough, eh? Stop buying tickets to the games (you are buying tickets, right?) and show him who his boss is!

il Padrino Ute 11-11-2008 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surfah (Post 293745)
Not even close. Go to any sports game in Philadelphia.

Philly fans are an entirely different species. I don't know if it's fair to compare any fan base to that one.

I think fans of BCS team, especially in the SEC that are more vocal when they are not happy with what is going on during a game.

Perhaps BYU fans sound like they boo more because Mormons generally tend tone down the language and actually say "BOOOO!" rather than other things.

Surfah 11-11-2008 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 293788)
Philly fans are an entirely different species. I don't know if it's fair to compare any fan base to that one.

I think fans of BCS team, especially in the SEC that are more vocal when they are not happy with what is going on during a game.

Perhaps BYU fans sound like they boo more because Mormons generally tend tone down the language and actually say "BOOOO!" rather than other things.

I remember being at a game when Staley scampered for a long run and hearing the old people behind me in the west stands complain about the fans booing every time he touched the ball.

il Padrino Ute 11-11-2008 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surfah (Post 293792)
I remember being at a game when Staley scampered for a long run and hearing the old people behind me in the west stands complain about the fans booing every time he touched the ball.

That's funny.

Time for a new hearing aid, eh folks?

TripletDaddy 11-11-2008 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tex (Post 293776)
Hey Triplet, why not just cut Bronco off from the trough, eh? Stop buying tickets to the games (you are buying tickets, right?) and show him who his boss is!

As usual, your missive is off-point and rambling. You have a habit of posting things that make valid points, but they are never on point to what is being discussed, so the result is confusion.

The original post was that Bronco wants fans to prove they are invested.

My post was that bronco doesnt need proof, as his salary is paid out of the Coaches Circle fund....NOT by the Church.

You respond by saying, "hey, do you even buy football tickets? show 'em who the boss is!"

Football ticket revenue is not used to fund Coaches Circle, so this is why I am confused at your response. It makes little to no sense in the context of what we are discussing. Help me help YOU, Tex. throw me a bone here.

BlueHair 11-11-2008 07:57 PM

This is pretty funny. It's like a director telling movie goers that they have to prove that they are fully invested no matter what kind of product he produces. Only at BYU.