cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Professional Sports (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   So I guess the series is tied up now (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19297)

ewth8tr 05-12-2008 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 (Post 219521)
We'll see if the Jazz can win in LA. Consider me skeptical. I honestly don't remember the last time that Utah won in LA. I'd bet though that their second longest drought after San Antonio is against the Lakers in Staples.

I think the Lakers take game 5 in LA. I think Utah has a shot in game 6, and if it goes to 7, anything can happen. Of course, this is all null and void if Kobe's back is really bothering him. Utah could win in LA if Kobe is as hurt as he was acting today. I just think it is tough to beat ANY team 4 times in a row, let alone the Lakers.

The last time the Jazz won at Staples against the Lakers was 2 years ago on 1/1/06 98-94

UtahDan 05-12-2008 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ewth8tr (Post 219540)
The last time the Jazz won at Staples against the Lakers was 2 years ago on 1/1/06 98-94

The problem for the Jazz against LA is that they need a second scorer and Boozer is just too intimidated by the shot blocking of Odom and Gasol. I really don't see the Jazz winning a game in LA in this series. I would like to be wrong.

SteelBlue 05-12-2008 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UtahDan (Post 219566)
The problem for the Jazz against LA is that they need a second scorer and Boozer is just too intimidated by the shot blocking of Odom and Gasol. I really don't see the Jazz winning a game in LA in this series. I would like to be wrong.

I agree unless Kobe is really hurting. That could change things in a hurry. But I liked what Barkley had to say about Kobe being injured today: "if he was hurt, he was only hurt on defense."

RockyBalboa 05-12-2008 02:38 PM

It'll go down like this:

The press will play up all week leading up to game 5 in L.A. about Kobe's back,,,,all the while neglecting the fact that 3 of the Jazz big 4 (Okur, Boozer and Dwill are playing with injuries)....and then early on in Game 5....just to proove he's fine Kobe will penetrate
the lane and thrown down a vicious dunk and 1,,,,just to prove he's fine and L.A. takes Game 5 in a blowout. Then we'll get the game long nauseating effusive deification of a superstar who's playing with a bad back..blah, blah, blah.....

Game 6 back in SLC on Fri Jazz win.

Then Lakers take the series finale next Sunday to advance.

MikeWaters 05-12-2008 02:41 PM

Jazz should put Collins in, and level Kobe. Knock him out for the series.

Actually, i take that back. Lakers are worse with Kobe in. Don't hurt Kobe.

I love what Sir Charles said about Kobe, "He was playing hurt. But just on defense. He took 33 shots."

TripletDaddy 05-12-2008 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 219628)
It'll go down like this:

The press will play up all week leading up to game 5 in L.A. about Kobe's back,,,,all the while neglecting the fact that 3 of the Jazz big 4 (Okur, Boozer and Dwill are playing with injuries)....and then early on in Game 5....just to proove he's fine Kobe will penetrate
the lane and thrown down a vicious dunk and 1,,,,just to prove he's fine and L.A. takes Game 5 in a blowout. Then we'll get the game long nauseating effusive deification of a superstar who's playing with a bad back..blah, blah, blah.....

Game 6 back in SLC on Fri Jazz win.

Then Lakers take the series finale next Sunday to advance.

This morning the news is reporting that it is just back spasms. Not sure if that is terribly inspiring. He is getting treatment today.

myboynoah 05-12-2008 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 219680)
This morning the news is reporting that it is just back spasms. Not sure if that is terribly inspiring. He is getting treatment today.

What causes back spasms? What is a back spasm?

I remember once several years ago reaching down into the dryer and suddenly my back going haywire. I could hardly walk or move and had to do everything very gingerly. I spent the next few days looking like Frankenstein's monster. Is that what happened to Kobe? Looked like he took a shot and felt a twinge.

MikeWaters 05-12-2008 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myboynoah (Post 219689)

Leaning a girl over a chair and raping her doggy-style?

TripletDaddy 05-12-2008 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myboynoah (Post 219689)

I remember once several years ago reaching down into the dryer and suddenly my back going haywire. I could hardly walk or move and had to do everything very gingerly. I spent the next few days looking like Frankenstein's monster. Is that what happened to Kobe? Looked like he took a shot and felt a twinge.

This was the exact conversation on the Dan Patrick Show.

Nobody had a good answer.

TripletDaddy 05-12-2008 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 219692)
Leaning a girl over a chair and raping her doggy-style?

He wasnt leaning over the chair, though.