cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Religion (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Prop 8 stuff heating up (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21253)

RockyBalboa 07-30-2008 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 248681)
I know he did that. I thought that was cruel and wrong. But long before, he dug stuff up during the house episode. I really think that's what prompted it. If I'm wrong so be it. I recall Adam originally getting steamed about all of FM's posts about his house. Am I wrong?

So what if he got steamed about FM's house posts?

That doesn't justify Adam following through on his threats.

Interesting that your..."I thought it was cruel and wrong" has the infamous.."But..." attached to it.

Surfah 07-30-2008 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gidget (Post 247848)
First off, this is a very interesting thread. And just to add my two-cents, this whole political issue becoming a church issue really scares me and does make me question my testimony. NOT!

I'm catching up here on my reading but just wanted to point out that I in no way encouraged Gidget here to use a "Not!" joke. Nor have I let her live it down. Frankly, I have been deeply embarrassed and I apologize to anyone else who was also.

Mormon Red Death 07-31-2008 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 247974)
The only way any of these guys turn me off of the church is they make me realize how boring my EQ is. I would love an EQ discussion with Arch, Adam, Mike, FM, Tex, PAC, creekster, Rocky, Lebowski, IPZ, MRD, SteelBlue, Solon, SIEQ and the rest of the crew here. Though I probably wouldn't want Triple Dad around because I worry about his faithfulness.

While I am honored I am in your fantasy EQ I'm not sure what I really bring to the table in that setting. I guess with all the other smart guys talking you need someone there to listen. Either that or the fact that I rarely fart during the lesson.

Colly Wolly 07-31-2008 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 247884)
they are asking people to put their money and time behind it. so yes. this is not a request to vote as your conscience dictates. It's an order to get in line.

From Mike Waters on a previous thread:

"It's not your wealth. You don't own one penny of it. It is the Lord's money, and your duty is to help others."

It's not their money. They don't own one penny of it. It is the Lord's money, and their duty is to do as the bretheren ask.

SeattleUte 07-31-2008 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colly Wolly (Post 249084)
It's not their money. They don't own one penny of it. It is the Lord's money, and their duty is to do as the bretheren ask.

Freaky. Scary.

Colly Wolly 07-31-2008 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 249088)
Freaky. Scary.

Tell me about it.

UtahDan 07-31-2008 03:19 AM

Adam has left forever before. He'll be back.

YOhio 07-31-2008 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death (Post 249077)
While I am honored I am in your fantasy EQ I'm not sure what I really bring to the table in that setting. I guess with all the other smart guys talking you need someone there to listen. Either that or the fact that I rarely fart during the lesson.

Somebody needs to give the sunday school answer, "church, pray and scriptures." I think you'd fill that role admirably.