cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Religion (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New anti-mormon dvd released on 3/25 (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7231)

UtahDan 03-29-2007 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 68508)
Although we like Rocky, we're baffled by his constant belligerence. Glad you could join us and provide us with intellectual insight.

This reminds me of a great bumper sticker I saw years ago:

"Jesus loves you. Everyone else thinks your an asshole."

Jeff Lebowski 03-29-2007 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 68612)
I'm not worried about you being my buddy, and if something as simple as what I've said is faith shaking to you, then I simply suggest you've never had any to begin with.

And just like that, Rocky separates yet another goat from the sheep.

RockyBalboa 03-29-2007 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski (Post 68618)
And just like that, Rocky separates yet another goat from the sheep.

It's honestly how I feel. If my stance against wolves in sheep's clothing bothers someone to the point of it shaking their faith, then I honestly believe that person had little or no faith to begin with. It's probably not something I needed to tell him as he already knows it or else he wouldn't have said, but I said it anyway.

RockyBalboa 03-29-2007 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UtahDan (Post 68614)
This reminds me of a great bumper sticker I saw years ago:

"Jesus loves you. Everyone else thinks your an asshole."

That's fine if you think I'm an asshole. I still like you. My stance is rarely popular amongst the "intellectuals."

UtahDan 03-29-2007 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 68622)
That's fine if you think I'm an asshole. I still like you. My stance is rarely popular amongst the "intellectuals."

Rocky, until you learn to love yourself, you won't be capable of loving anyone else.

RockyBalboa 03-29-2007 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UtahDan (Post 68623)
Rocky, until you learn to love yourself, you won't be capable of loving anyone else.

I'm awesome. :)

Solon 03-30-2007 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 68621)
It's honestly how I feel. If my stance against wolves in sheep's clothing bothers someone to the point of it shaking their faith, then I honestly believe that person had little or no faith to begin with. It's probably not something I needed to tell him as he already knows it or else he wouldn't have said, but I said it anyway.

It's not 'faith' per se, but the notion that if "heaven" is full of people with this attitude, I'm going to enjoy hell a lot more. It's not you personally, RB, but if this type of browbeating is THE WAY, I think I'd prefer a quiet life of agnosticism. I just find it extraordinary that these viewpoints can coexist within the same religious framework. Not impossible; just extraordinary.

Archaea 03-30-2007 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solon (Post 68667)
It's not 'faith' per se, but the notion that if "heaven" is full of people with this attitude, I'm going to enjoy hell a lot more. It's not you personally, RB, but if this type of browbeating is THE WAY, I think I'd prefer a quiet life of agnosticism. I just find it extraordinary that these viewpoints can coexist within the same religious framework. Not impossible; just extraordinary.

Well I expect to be the resident dungeon master of purgatory, but I truly doubt anybody who browbeats a la Rocky gets to go to paradise.

RockyBalboa 03-30-2007 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 68669)
Well I expect to be the resident dungeon master of purgatory, but I truly doubt anybody who browbeats a la Rocky gets to go to paradise.

Interesting thought coming from someone who's browbeaten in return against judging others.

Glad to see your hypocrisy is alive and well.

BarbaraGordon 03-30-2007 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 68669)

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 68673)
Interesting thought coming from someone who's browbeaten in return against judging others.

Guys, do we have to go there? Who among us would try to discern the judgment of the Almighty?

Romans 11:33
Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable His ways!