PDA

View Full Version : did anyone see the smithmas celebration...

fusnik11
12-27-2005, 08:41 PM
as a plea to the family of joseph to return to the church?

Jeff Lebowski
12-27-2005, 09:16 PM
Nope.

Goatnapper'96
12-27-2005, 09:35 PM
was the President that he invited the then RLDS Church President, Israel Smith, to General Conference. The agreement between the two Church Presidents was that Israel would attend if there was no mention of his attendance. He wanted it to be anonymous so as to not detract from what the LDS Church was trying to do or to embarass the RLDS Church.

Before the first session President Smith, who was conducting so the legend goes, arises and changes the opening hymn to "Israel, Israel God is Calling."

Great stuff.

I also hear that Steve Martin is LDS.

fusnik11
12-27-2005, 09:43 PM
Nope.

weird....

i had this idea that the smithmas gala was geared towards inviting his family back. my family and friends thought the same thing....

maybe we werent in the right smithmas mood and the message was lost on us. as smithmas is a new holiday we will get better at observing it and hopefully next year understand the meaning of the messages shared.

:wink:

bluegoose
12-27-2005, 10:39 PM
Didn't that one gal who made all the noise at the recent first presidency devotional claim to be descendent of the Smiths?

Maybe this was an apology for her rapid dismissal and a plea for her return to future meetings. Liven things up a bit???