PDA

View Full Version : Kobe

Surfah
12-21-2005, 11:16 PM
The game he had last night was ridiculous. I mean at the end of 3 quraters the score was Kobe 62-Mavs 61. Now my own purple and gold lenses tint my view but damn, that is a hell of a night. Part of me wishes he had stayed in the game the 4th quarter.

But, mostly I just wanted to post his name as the subject for a post to see if it incites this board to code red hatred mode as it does on another board.

fuegote
12-21-2005, 11:29 PM
I don't like Kobe that much, but I will give him props for last night's play. I've stopped posting my Kobe hate there right now, because I try and avoid contention.

I saw myself really getting upset with a couple of posters, well one, and decided it isn't worth it. I took a step back and realized that yes he's a good player. Yes, he has some great moments.

He's probably one of those players you hate but when he's on your team, you love'em..

ute4ever
12-21-2005, 11:41 PM
How many times did Kobe pass the ball to his TEAMmates?

In other words, how many assists did he have last night?

Surfah
12-22-2005, 12:00 AM
Before last night he was 30th in the league in assists. Now he has dropped all the way down to an abysmal 32nd. Now to be fair he isn't exactly on a team filled with dependable spot up shooters, nor is he a point guard. But not bad to be 32nd, eh? He's also 8th among SGs.

But for comparison sake, lets take the Jazz, after all they are the consummate "team ball" franchise. Deron Williams, their PG, is the only player on the Jazz averaging more assists than Kobe. The margin? A whopping 0.5.

Please continue, it must feel good to vent.

fuegote
12-22-2005, 12:09 AM

I wouldn't pass the ball if I was in the zone as well.

Surfah
12-22-2005, 12:19 AM

I wouldn't pass the ball if I was in the zone as well.

Me either. It happens on occasion. It happened to me one game last year in our YMCA league. I had taken two shot attempts the first half and missed both. The second half I didn't take a shot until 7 minutes left in the game. I hit a wide open three in the corner, then on the next play the ball swung around the perimeter and our PG faked the pass to me in the corner and I cut baseline to the hole where he dropped a dime for a layup. I then had another layup and went off nailing 6 straight 3's. 9-9 in 7 minutes with 7-7 from downtown. I felt like Mike Rose in shootaround.

Kobe shot 58% I think, 40% from 3-pt range, and 92% from the charity stripe...yeah, I think that counts as the zone. Particularly that 3rd quarter.