PDA

View Full Version : CougarGuard reference posted on CB

SoCalCoug
12-15-2005, 01:46 AM
It's lasted 1 hour 15 minutes, so far. 8)

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/message.html?id=1642747

MikeWaters
12-15-2005, 04:27 AM
I think Jefe has finally figured out that CG is not going to drive CB into the ground, thereby ending Jefe's dreams of financial independence.

He must be starting to agree that this is something DIFFERENT, not a replication.

He must also see that most of us here still maintain a presence there.

And for the most part, we are not doing too much tracting and hard-sell tactics.

El Jefe
12-15-2005, 05:05 AM
I think Jefe has finally figured out that CG is not going to drive CB into the ground, thereby ending Jefe's dreams of financial independence.

I can't say I ever really feared that...

He must be starting to agree that this is something DIFFERENT, not a replication.

I really don't see how it's different, other than that you allow what is (in my opinion) inappropriate discussion, and the interface is not really to my liking.

He must also see that most of us here still maintain a presence there.

And for the most part, we are not doing too much tracting and hard-sell tactics.

That, my friend, is the difference. Before, you were (actually mostly your users, not you) trying to advertise on CougarBoard. A relevant reference here or though is perfectly fine. Just don't advertise.

In fact, perhaps I could just forward certain people over to this site and let you deal with them. :D

SoCalCoug
12-15-2005, 05:32 AM
No, thank you. Please keep your Dixie Cougar and Johnny Lingo to yourself. :lol:

SteelBlue
12-15-2005, 02:23 PM
I really don't see how it's different, other than that you allow what is (in my opinion) inappropriate discussion...

This is one critcism that I just don't understand. I really haven't seen it, though this attitude has been expressed by people on your board several times. It is my opinion that most who state what you stated haven't actually been here. There have been a very few instances of inappropriate discussion here. I'd venture to say that the incidence of inappropriate discussion is lower here than it is on your site.

non sequitur
12-15-2005, 07:09 PM
I really don't see how it's different, other than that you allow what is (in my opinion) inappropriate discussion, and the interface is not really to my liking.

The one thing that this interface has over CougarBoard is that the threads don't disappear after 5 minutes. You could improve the CougarBoard interface ten-fold if you included a feature that gave users the option of having updated threads float to the top. Currently there is very little ability for prolonged discussion on any topic. What you mostly have now is a lot of attention-thirsty weenies shouting into the wind. People there are now more concerned with quantity of posts rather than quality of posts.

I don't mean this as a criticism. It is the result of the increased popularity of CougarBoard. As CougarBoard got more popular, things started moving faster. Now things are moving entirely too fast.

JohnnyLingo
12-15-2005, 09:47 PM
No, thank you. Please keep your Dixie Cougar and Johnny Lingo to yourself.

Ouch. Now you've gone and made me register. :lol:

fusnik11
12-15-2005, 09:51 PM
Ouch. Now you've gone and made me register. :lol:

be warned people swear here, and seminary teacher answers arent accepted as doctrine, and intelligent discussion is encouraged....

JohnnyLingo
12-15-2005, 10:06 PM
WHAT? The world in here isn't black and white?

Holy shit!

Fdnman
12-15-2005, 10:58 PM
what's the best way to get around in here to see the good stuff?

SoCalCoug
12-16-2005, 12:13 AM
SoCalCoug wrote:

No, thank you. Please keep your Dixie Cougar and Johnny Lingo to yourself.

Ouch. Now you've gone and made me register.

I'm going to have a word with El Jefe.

ute4ever
12-17-2005, 04:41 AM
It's lasted 1 hour 15 minutes, so far. 8)

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/message.html?id=1642747

If you go to the front page of CB (the "Articles" page), that thread is listed on the "Top 10 Threads."

No wonder this site is getting more traffic. 55 new members in two days.

SteelBlue
12-17-2005, 04:45 AM
If you go to the front page of CB (the "Articles" page), that thread is listed on the "Top 10 Threads."

No wonder this site is getting more traffic. 55 new members in two days.

I think that Jefe is "T-Bone". He advertised the site to chase his cougarboard undesirables to this site. It's pure genius man.

UtahDan
12-17-2005, 04:59 AM

Wasn't this site started to get away from this ninny? I can't think of anything more grating than his holiness coming over here to tell us what he thinks is appropriate.

Not one soul on earth gives a rats ass what you think is appropriate. Now scurry back to your hole.