PDA

View Full Version : Taxes and I don't know how it happened...

UteStar
04-06-2007, 09:57 PM
So my wife works as a realtor and she had a pretty good year this past year working part-time. Anyway, we did not pay any pre-taxes during the year to cover her, so I fully expected to owe a big amount of money. Well, her business expenses knocked it down a ton as well as us having another baby and some other large medical expenses...and we got a tax refund. After thinking that we would owe several thousand dollars, it is nice to get a little money back. I have been perfecting my shirtless Swayze jump of happiness all day today.

Now I just have to go out and spend it because we didn't expect it. I guess with this attitude, I now know why we are not stinkin' rich!

BlueHair
04-07-2007, 01:14 AM
So my wife works as a realtor and she had a pretty good year this past year working part-time. Anyway, we did not pay any pre-taxes during the year to cover her, so I fully expected to owe a big amount of money. Well, her business expenses knocked it down a ton as well as us having another baby and some other large medical expenses...and we got a tax refund. After thinking that we would owe several thousand dollars, it is nice to get a little money back. I have been perfecting my shirtless Swayze jump of happiness all day today.

Now I just have to go out and spend it because we didn't expect it. I guess with this attitude, I now know why we are not stinkin' rich!

I have a business opportunity for you. Have you heard of Amway? If you get three people and they get three people and they get three people, you'll be rich!

cougjunkie
04-07-2007, 02:33 AM
If your wife needs a good loan officer let me know :)

BlueHair
04-07-2007, 05:13 AM
If your wife needs a good loan officer let me know :)

Why? Do you know one? ;)

bluegoose
04-08-2007, 03:58 AM

I was in the exact same position last year and am hopeful that the IRS gods are pleased once again this year to allow me the same blessing.

BarbaraGordon
04-11-2007, 10:27 PM
After thinking that we would owe several thousand dollars, it is nice to get a little money back. I have been perfecting my shirtless Swayze jump of happiness all day today.

Now I just have to go out and spend it because we didn't expect it.

Well, I have to thank you, Mr. Star...your luck must be contagious! I just finished ours and we get a refund (in spite of our fears that we'd owe a small fortune).

Unfortunately, I have been informed that I will not be spending it and instead we will be doing something "responsible" like putting it in the kid's college fund. Sheesh. how uncool.