PDA

View Full Version : Charitable Giving..

Mormon Red Death
01-15-2007, 02:31 AM
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/SavingandDebt/SaveMoney/HowMuchShouldYouGive.aspx

Interesting article...

I liked this quote

"Giving is the antidote for greed, which I believe is at the heart of the problem we have in this country with consumer debt," says Hunt, author of several books. including "Live Your Life for Half the Price." "We just want more than we can afford and the more we get, the more we want. Pretty soon even more isn't enough."

Also take a look at the table. Utah's giving per household is almost double most of the states and is the highest by far

MikeWaters
01-15-2007, 03:20 AM
I was thinking about getting another gun, then I thought "love the guns you have."

It's easy to get caught up on getting that next thing. Good thing my materialism is checked by good old fashioned Mormon cheapness.

il Padrino Ute
01-15-2007, 04:50 AM
"love the guns you have."

Wasn't that a song by Crosby, Stills and Nash?

"If you can't have the guns you love, love the guns you have. Love the guns you have."

;)

BlueHair
01-15-2007, 10:49 PM
I know I'm a fan of my gun. Love? Probably not, but I like it a great deal.

As far as charitable giving in Utah goes.... We shouldn't pat ourselves on the back too much until our personal debt and bankruptcies numbers go way down!

Detroitdad
01-15-2007, 10:55 PM
they already have plummeted since the passage of the new bankruptcy legislation.