PDA

View Full Version : Emigrant Direct

Filsdepac
07-04-2006, 10:18 PM
Just an FYI that with the new rate increase by the fed (and quite possibly the last for awhile), you can now get 5% on deposits with Emigrant Direct (just like ING, but higher rate). Also, if you deposit $10,000 (which I'm sure most of us have in our seat cushions) and get their credit card, you get 1.4% cash back on purchases.

This is obviously pretty conservative, but if you're saving for a house like myself, getting a CD might be a good way to lock in the rate. Oh, and the CDs return about 5.35%.

Yet another option: Stocks like SID and SBS, which pay dividends and are Brazilian so US economy doesn't affect them much. EEM, a good emerging market ETF.

Finally: Vegas. Craps has the best chance of winning you money.

realtall
07-06-2006, 12:39 AM
Just an FYI that with the new rate increase by the fed (and quite possibly the last for awhile), you can now get 5% on deposits with Emigrant Direct (just like ING, but higher rate).

I have an EmigrantDirect.com account into which I put all of my liquid savings. I've had it since October and I very much enjoy seeing actual dollar amounts in interest being deposited monthly. Oh yeah.

BTW, I did have my savings in my credit union savings account at 1.3%. I think that I'll stick with EmigrantDirect.