PDA

View Full Version : why is the tour ruined...

MikeWaters
07-01-2006, 03:51 PM
...when the cheaters are sent packing?

Because the multiple other cheaters haven't been caught?

SteelBlue
07-01-2006, 05:50 PM
There are a few reasons that I consider this year's tour to be ruined. First, as you mentioned, it leaves me wondering how many others are cheaters. How many of this year's results have been bogus? Were the Giro and Suisse won by cheaters?

Second, I've been wanting to see the best against the best. Guys like Basso and Ullrich cheating are akin to Bonds cheating. They didn't need to do it. They deserve to be gone if they cheated, but it leaves me feeling like whoever wins this year didn't have the competition that a winner deserved to have. [Note: I realize also that my idea of who the best are could have been shaped by cheaters all along but that's another discussion]

Third, we lost the chance to see a great rider like Vinokourov because his team can't field 6 riders. That's a real shame, because he is so fun to watch.

MikeWaters
07-01-2006, 06:18 PM
so most of you guys have still have a rock-solid belief that Lance never used performance-enhancers?

Archaea
07-01-2006, 06:22 PM
given his success in every sport at every stage, the constant testing, I'd say yeah.

There are guys who are just genetically better. Given his regimen, determination and support I believe it until otherwise proven.

SteelBlue
07-01-2006, 06:28 PM
so most of you guys have still have a rock-solid belief that Lance never used performance-enhancers?

One has to admit that Lance has survived a tremendous amount of scrutiny.

My head says he may have, my heart won't let me believe it. I guess I'd say that I don't think he did, but I will not be shocked if we someday learn that he did.