PDA

View Full Version : well, that game kinda sucked

MikeWaters
09-11-2005, 03:01 AM
I guess it wouldn't be a surprise to most of you that my spirits have not been buoyed by the team's performance.

Less penalties, but more turnovers. Execution of the offense largely unchanged, given the level of the opponent.

Special teams are going to lose us at least one game this year by themselves.

We're stuck with Beck, and he's not ever going to go into the history books. Maybe most attempts by a BYU qb in one season, but that's it. I'm not hopeful that exponential improvements will occur with Beck.

SoCalCoug
09-11-2005, 05:36 AM
I was feeling okay after the first half, but something really wasn't clicking. We're now two games into Beck's third season, and I'm not seeing a lot of things that make me excited.

I hope it's just getting the bugs out of a new offensive system.

realtall
09-12-2005, 12:26 AM
I suspect we will lose to TCU, ND, AF, Wyo and Utah.

I was on the TCU bandwagon as well after their victory at Oklahoma until I saw this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=252532567&confId=null

realtall
09-12-2005, 02:53 AM
TCU gave up one fumble, three interceptions and missed two field goals.

What are the chances of them doing that again. Not high.

If they can beat Oklahoma, they can (and probably will) kill us.

Maybe they will maybe they won't. But I think that you have to take both of their games into account equally. Plenty of teams have upset a good team(which we don't even know that Oklahoma is this year yet) but haven't done much the rest of the season.

TCU's defense seems good but their offense(20 points in 2 games) seems questionable.

Anyhow, whatever brief credibility that they may have had in the polls was lost when they went across town and lost to SMU by 11.

originalsocal
09-12-2005, 03:50 PM
John Beck is wholly unimpressive. He does not inspire confidence in me at all.

Did anyone watch the BYUTV replay of the San Diego State 52-52 tie after watching Beck against a D-1AA team? Now, I know it is unfair to compare him to Detmer, but sheesh--there was an inspiring QB! I think we all suffer from the sweet memories of past greats and long for that to happen with the current crop. Unfortunately the current crop is not worthy of carrying the jocks of those who came before. This is why I think the biggest mistake made so far this year is the "Hear that...it's our legacy calling" BS.

If our legacy is calling, do they want their jocks back?

That being said, I spent some time on TBS today and am informed that Beck did just fine and will be one of the greats!! WEEEEEE!!!!

I guess we will see what happens on the 24th--hopefully, Beck shuts me up.

MikeWaters
09-12-2005, 04:47 PM
Man, I should get a TBS membership just to create a little havoc.

Those guys would surely be shuffling chairs on the Titanic, no matter what.

SteelBlue
09-12-2005, 08:07 PM

I don't know why, but this had me laughing pretty heartily for a few seconds.

MikeWaters
09-12-2005, 08:10 PM

They'll have to get them from Y'zguy's "special drawer" if they want them...

JazzyUte
09-14-2005, 10:41 PM
With the TCU game being in Provo, I think the Cougars have a good shot at winning. It won't be easy, but TCU's secondary is pretty weak. If BYU goes to the air, they should be able to pull the W out.

However, they can't live on short passes the entire game.