PDA

View Full Version : good news, bad news

MikeWaters
06-02-2006, 10:45 PM
the good news is that my great-grandfather's homestead in Wyoming is for sale (after passing out of family hands many decades ago).

The bad news is that the 200+ acres are going for $2,250,000. This is Star Valley, so still pretty far from Jackson Hole and Yellowstone.

It's a dream of mine to own the old family homestead, but considering I had to sweat out buying a used car, this ain't gonna happen!!!

Venkman
06-02-2006, 10:54 PM
the good news is that my great-grandfather's homestead in Wyoming is for sale (after passing out of family hands many decades ago).

The bad news is that the 200+ acres are going for $2,250,000. This is Star Valley, so still pretty far from Jackson Hole and Yellowstone.

It's a dream of mine to own the old family homestead, but considering I had to sweat out buying a used car, this ain't gonna happen!!!

I guess Star Valley is starting to get some spillover from Jackson? Very pretty country up there. I'd love to buy the ranch by grandpa used to own in Idaho, but that probably won't happen either, although it's "only" around $1.5 mil for 1500 acres.