PDA

View Full Version : took my son out for his first bikeride...

MikeWaters
05-23-2006, 08:04 PM
or rather, his first real accompaniment of me on my bike ride. We bought a burley trailer (used and old) for $30.

I only got up to 20mph. I don't think it is wise to try and hit 30mph in that thing.

Farrah accompanied us on her $100 mountain bike. She complained of crotch pain the entire time. I told her it takes time to build up those muscles. She says that makes no sense...

bluegoose
05-24-2006, 12:29 AM
Shortly after my wife's first ride on her mountain bike, she went over to Walmart and picked up one of these thick cushie gel seat covers. She loves it and is now able to go out for 30-45 minutes without too much trouble.

When I re-took up cycling about 3 years ago, it took a solid 3 weeks of steady riding before I felt like riding side-saddle.

il Padrino Ute
05-24-2006, 01:36 AM
She complained of crotch pain the entire time.

Insert requisite sex joke here.

FarrahWaters
05-24-2006, 01:49 AM
Farrah accompanied us on her $100 mountain bike. She complained of crotch pain the entire time. I told her it takes time to build up those muscles. She says that makes no sense...

Hey now. I only complained when you asked why I wasn't keeping up with you. Maybe the extra 12 pounds I'm carrying in my 5-month pregnant stomach had something to do with it. Since I also have to pee every 10 minutes or so, it was an interesting sensation of feeling major pain from the bike seat pressure, and simultaneous major discomfort from having a full bladder pressing down. I'm not at all eager to get on a bike again. I much prefer running. Though maybe one of those gel seat cover thingies would work.

creekster
05-24-2006, 04:26 AM
This reminds me of a story: When my wife was pregnant with our now 17 yo son we were living in SLC and her family planned a get together on the July 24th parqade route. We were living at about 40th south and 7th east and decided to ride our bikes up to the parade. When we arrived, my wife, who was about 6 or 7 months pregnant, was chastised by her mother, and I was given dirty looks by all the aunties, becasue she had ridden a bike. They were all convinced that she was about to miscarrry at any moment becasue of the extreme exertion. We chose not to tell them about the running she had bren doing.

My wife uses a Terry butterfly on our tandem and she loves it. Says it avoids some of the pain.