PDA

View Full Version : I pulled my hamstring today

MikeWaters
05-23-2006, 04:05 AM
I've kinda given up on getting time in the saddle. So I've been doing lower body weights and playing basketball.

Today I lifted, played a guy 1v1 for about 35 minutes. Then after 5pm, played more basketball. I pulled my hammy on a *juke*. Luckily it was just a minor pull. But, folks, a juke, how do you pull your hamstring on a juke? Esp. after you are already warm? I wonder if doing squats had sort of worn down the muscle/tendon.

creekster
05-23-2006, 05:03 AM
how old are you? Hammies, especially if you have developed them, can be a little more sensitive as they/you age.

bluegoose
05-23-2006, 08:11 PM
Don't you know when you get passed a certain age, you just have to pound the ball down low? A hip check here, a forearm there. You can still be very effective, just as long as there is no one there to blow a whistle on you. Leave the jukes for the young guys.

If it looks like it is going to be a problem, take care of it sooner rather than later.

I pulled hammie playing softball last fall coming out of the batters box. It was bad for several months, and it is still bothering me today, more than 6 months later. My problem is that I have never given it any proper treatment or rest.