PDA

View Full Version : Bought REI travel sleeping back

MikeWaters
05-15-2006, 06:48 PM
rated to 55 deg. 1 lb and 11oz. Packs very small. I figure it will be useful in Texas. Could potentially double as a bag liner.

I ordered the Sierra Zip Stove. It's on backorder, so probably won't get it for another month.

Robin
05-26-2006, 04:14 PM
I own the REI Sub-Kilo, rated at 20 degrees. It comes with a compression bag and packs extremely small and light (1lb 13oz). It is also made of the softest fabric in the world. I love it and recommend it to all.

Considering the fact that the sleeping bag I used before the sub-kilo is a thirty-year old silk/down mummy bag, investment in a quality sleeping bag is one of the LEAST expensive purchases you can make (when divided by the life of a bag).

I also own a super cheap fifty deg. bag which I almost never use, because I ALWAYS sleep cold in that thing, even in balmy SoCal nights.

If it isn't too late (and it never is too late for REI members) I would suggest you get a warmer bag. You might sleep a little warm some nights, but that is a much better problem than sleeping cold.