PDA

View Full Version : I am no K-Dog or FMCoug...

The_Tick
05-09-2006, 05:11 PM
But I logged in to check my 401K today and it has finally crossed the 20K barrier.

Not bad for 3 years...

I remember how excited I was when it first crossed 2k and then 5k.

Just thought I would share. My wife will just roll her eyes at this accomplishment.

401K's are sweet.

UteStar
05-09-2006, 05:25 PM
Yes, you are definately not K-Dog or FMCoug. :)

Congrats on the savings. It feels great to be able to put some money aside for the future. Keep it up.

Jeff Lebowski
05-09-2006, 05:29 PM
Back in 2000, my 401K was really soaring. Then I got greedy. I thought, "hey I am young and I have several years before I need this money. I can stand more risk." So I shifted most of it into growth stocks. Then the crash came in 2001 and my 401K got absolutely slaughtered. Still makes me want to throw up when I think about it.

Advice to you youngsters: Go with one of the preset mixes if your fund offers them and don't try to get more aggressive than that.

ewth8tr
05-09-2006, 05:39 PM
Back in 2000, my 401K was really soaring. Then I got greedy. I thought, "hey I am young and I have several years before I need this money. I can stand more risk." So I shifted most of it into growth stocks. Then the crash came in 2001 and my 401K got absolutely slaughtered. Still makes me want to throw up when I think about it.

Advice to you youngsters: Go with one of the preset mixes if your fund offers them and don't try to get more aggressive than that.
yeah, my 401K is matched with company stock. At it's high point, qwest stock was trading up in the high $50's/low $60's, but as of right now it is at $6.69 and that is an improvement over a few years ago where it got down to around $1. :mad:

FMCoug
05-24-2006, 04:20 PM
How did I end up lumped with K-Dog on these kinds of posts? MW and realtall have both seen my house. It's hardly ostentatious for a family of 6.

And how could you not mention Haddow in that reference?

The_Tick
05-24-2006, 05:04 PM
Cause you know Dr. Phil man....

I dig ya though.

Cali Coug
05-24-2006, 06:19 PM
How did I end up lumped with K-Dog on these kinds of posts? MW and realtall have both seen my house. It's hardly ostentatious for a family of 6.

And how could you not mention Haddow in that reference?

None of us know how big Haddow's house is. He only brags about the size of his tv.

:)

Archaea
05-24-2006, 06:32 PM
FMC is a nicer version of Haddow and KDog?

Let's see who has the smallest investment after the most years. If one computed fewest dollars saved per year as a percentage of income, yours truly might qualify.