PDA

View Full Version : What I like about this site

creekster
05-03-2006, 06:45 PM
Among other things is that there are more cycling threads than therre are football threads. I know, it's off-season, and I know focused audience, etc., but still, it's very nice to be amongst so many like-minded people.

Thanks, Mike.

Btw, even my wife, who has long been suspicious of this 'community', listened attentitvely as I relayed this group's comments on a choice of running shoes. So even she is coming to accept the utility of this sort of gathering.

bluegoose
05-03-2006, 07:26 PM
Is it possible that there are 187 different cycling topics to be discussed? Amazing.

This is a great forum for a group with such specific like-mindedness as being LDS, sports fans, and cyclists. While I do have several friends who fit one or 2 of those criteria, finding all three in one place is rare. And those guys that I ride with that are LDS and/or sports fans are so far ahead of me on group rides that I tire of yelling to try to communicate with them about anything of substance. Occasionally, they get beyond ear-shot of me, and then I have to resort to using the cell phone, which presents a whole new set of problems. I'll stick to the guard for my LDS cycling talk.

Archaea
05-03-2006, 07:54 PM
Cycling is fun to discuss, but outside of our team and two guys in the ward, nobody wants to discuss it with me. So anybody who'll bend an ear for me is a godsend. Plus there's so much I don't know.

And for the record, Mike is a great guy, but I was the one who requested this forum. He thought it was a great idea, so he indulged me. Pat, break arm on back. :D

MikeWaters
05-03-2006, 08:23 PM
Cycling is fun to discuss, but outside of our team and two guys in the ward, nobody wants to discuss it with me. So anybody who'll bend an ear for me is a godsend. Plus there's so much I don't know.

And for the record, Mike is a great guy, but I was the one who requested this forum. He thought it was a great idea, so he indulged me. Pat, break arm on back. :D

Archaea was also the person (or among the persons) that got the ball rolling on the idea of starting a new site, where you wouldn't be korihored for talking about religion.

The state of CB in July 2005 was much different than its current state. It was like anti-glasnost.

bluegoose
05-03-2006, 08:25 PM
Cycling and religion were the 2 primary reasons why I joined this group. Thanks to both of you.

creekster
05-03-2006, 09:00 PM
I'll amend: Thanks to Mike and to Arch (and right now Mike is thinking, if you're so grateful, where's the donation? It's coming!).

Jeff Lebowski
05-03-2006, 09:22 PM
Hey, I am not into cycling and I still like it.

Quisqueyano
05-04-2006, 02:25 PM
I'll just add my amen.
Everybody I know wants to talk about which night our ward has the gym to g play basketball, or what the current value of their home is.
i would rather get beat with a stick.
This is a great forum.