PDA

View Full Version : So sad

pelagius
07-16-2008, 06:48 PM
I was supposed to be a guest on Bloomberg TV tonight at 6:30 but they just canceled that segment. Its a bummer ... I was getting all nervous and was about to head home to shave and put on a suit ... Well I suppose the upside is I don't have to shave.

MikeWaters
07-16-2008, 06:52 PM
they probably got word you were in your building phase and not your slimming phase.

pelagius
07-16-2008, 06:58 PM
they probably got word you were in your building phase and not your slimming phase.

Oh yes, I am sure they love the prepubescent boy look that you have been sporting. 12 inch arms look great on TV.

MikeWaters
07-16-2008, 06:59 PM
Oh yes, I am sure they love the prepubescent boy look that you have been sporting. 12 inch arms look great on TV.

I'm older than you, yet you took me for younger. I am flattered.

Btw, I was the arm wrestling champion at summer camp.

TripletDaddy
07-16-2008, 07:00 PM
I was supposed to be a guest on Bloomberg TV tonight at 6:30 but they just canceled that segment. Its a bummer ... I was getting all nervous and was about to head home to shave and put on a suit ... Well I suppose the upside is I don't have to shave.

I told them you were reading the Twilight books. That probably scared them off.

MikeWaters
07-16-2008, 07:00 PM
I told them you were reading the Twilight books. That probably scared them off.

LOL

pelagius
07-16-2008, 07:01 PM

Beating the deacons in arm wrestling when your in your 30s is not something I would trumpet as some great success

pelagius
07-16-2008, 07:02 PM
I'm older than you, yet you took me for younger. I am flattered.

How old are you?

creekster
07-16-2008, 07:05 PM
Beating the deacons in arm wrestling when your in your 30s is not something I would trumpet as some great success

LOL. Pelagius, you have been on a humor tear lately. I think the whole boring financial guy image is just schtick.

pelagius
07-16-2008, 07:08 PM
LOL. Pelagius, you have been on a humor tear lately. I think the whole boring financial guy image is just schtick.

Its a coping mechanism ... Its hard to see some of my favorite online personalities debilitated by the effects of verbal diarrhea ... its the only way I can stay positive.

MikeWaters
07-16-2008, 07:08 PM
How old are you?

older than the hills, younger than a march flower.

MikeWaters
07-16-2008, 07:09 PM

old people laugh at the funniest things.

pelagius
07-16-2008, 07:10 PM
older than the hills, younger than a march flower.

How old am I?

MikeWaters
07-16-2008, 07:12 PM
How old am I?

what is your name again? I need to google you.

creekster
07-16-2008, 07:12 PM
old people laugh at the funniest things.

Why would one laugh at the unfunniest things?

pelagius
07-16-2008, 07:19 PM
what is your name again? I need to google you.

Other than maybe SU my real life identity is more readily available than just about anyone else on cougarguard.

MikeWaters
07-16-2008, 07:22 PM
I take it back, you are in fact probably older than me, unless you were homeschooled.

pelagius
07-16-2008, 07:32 PM
I take it back, you are in fact probably older than me, unless you were homeschooled.

No a public school: the one that motivated Arch to move across town about 10 years ago so his kids would not have to go there

MikeWaters
07-16-2008, 07:33 PM
Fatagius, if you were held back a year, I am probably older than you.

pelagius
07-16-2008, 07:35 PM
Fatagius, if you were held back a year, I am probably older than you.

That doesn't make sense prepub boy ... wrong direction if you want to make me younger

MikeWaters
07-16-2008, 07:40 PM
That doesn't make sense prepub boy ... wrong direction if you want to make me younger

yeah, which way am I trying to go? is it better if you are younger or older?

pelagius
07-16-2008, 07:45 PM
yeah, which way am I trying to go? is it better if you are younger or older?

Easily confused ... Early in the thread you were giddy as a school girl over the possibility that you were old but looked young ... Hence you want to propose things that make me look relatively young and you relatively old (but delightfully prepubescent in appearance) ... To really emphasize your youthfulness you might let it drop casually how much you enjoyed your recent outing to the Miley Cyrus concert and suggest that there really is a difference between the singing of Miley Cyrus and Hannah Montana.

TripletDaddy
07-16-2008, 07:46 PM
Pelagius, are you from Vegas?

My BYU roommate grew up in a reall rough area (D Street offramp to get to his house) and went to Rancho HS. Yikes. We stayed at his house once....he lived fairly close to those projects off Washington (I think).....we heard helicopters overhead the night we stayed over.

creekster
07-16-2008, 07:47 PM
To really emphasize your youthfulness you might let it drop casually how much you enjoyed your recent outing to the Miley Cyrus concert and suggest that there really is a difference between the singing of Miley Cyrus and Hannah Montana.

That was funny but I hope you have a young daughter to explain why you know this much.

MikeWaters
07-16-2008, 07:48 PM
... To really emphasize your youthfulness you might let it drop casually how much you enjoyed your recent outing to the Miley Cyrus concert and suggest that there really is a difference between the singing of Miley Cyrus and Hannah Montana.

is this something from those Twilight books?

pelagius
07-16-2008, 07:49 PM
Pelagius, are you from Vegas?

My BYU roommate grew up in a reall rough area (D Street offramp to get to his house) and went to Rancho HS. Yikes. We stayed at his house once....he lived fairly close to those projects off Washington (I think).....we heard helicopters overhead the night we stayed over.

Ya but not Rancho ... The difference between Rancho and my High School is about the same as the difference between my High School and the High School that Arch's kids go to (on the flip side).

pelagius
07-16-2008, 07:50 PM
That was funny but I hope you have a young daughter to explain why you know this much.

My daughters ages are 6, 8, and 11

TripletDaddy
07-16-2008, 07:50 PM
Ya but not Rancho ... The differences between Rancho and my High School is about the same as the difference between my High School and the High School that Arch's kids go to (on the flip side).

Sweet.

You need to play up the Vegas roots a bit more.

I dub thee, pelagiu$

creekster
07-16-2008, 07:52 PM
My daughters ages are 6, 8, and 11

OK, I can see the 11 year old having this discussion. Otherwise you were going to scare me a little.

pelagius
07-16-2008, 07:53 PM
Sweet.

You need to play up the Vegas roots a bit more.

I dub thee, pelagiu$

Indeed, the book "Bringing Down the House" was based on my life.

TripletDaddy
07-16-2008, 08:12 PM
Indeed, the book "Bringing Down the House" was based on my life.

You should change your board name to Dan Tanna.

pelagius
07-16-2008, 08:16 PM
You should change your board name to Dan Tanna.

You will have to settle for my new avatar ... I am an authorized reseller in case you are interested.

TripletDaddy
07-16-2008, 08:17 PM
You will have to settle for my new avatar ... I am an authorized reseller in case you are interested.

Dude, now you are showing your roots, brother.

Let's meet up at the 7-11 near Cashman Fields and hang out.

pelagius
07-16-2008, 08:19 PM
Dude, now you are showing your roots, brother.

Let's meet up at the 7-11 near Cashman Fields and hang out.

No, but I would totally hang at the Imperial Palace ... those cars are sweet. I bet they have a 57 T-bird and we can take turns acting out Vega$ episodes.

MikeWaters
07-16-2008, 08:19 PM
Pelagius is #1 on this board for bragging about his media appearances.

I'm number two.

pelagius
07-16-2008, 08:24 PM
Pelagius is #1 on this board for bragging about his media appearances.

I'm number two.

Yes, I am the Jenna Jamison of bragging about media appearances (and aborted ones too)

TripletDaddy
07-16-2008, 08:28 PM
DDD is #1 on this board.

I'm number two.

Thanks.