PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Quisqueyano
04-20-2006, 04:54 PM
Just found this site. Happy to know there is a place where I can talk about BYU football and cycling. Especially cycling. i live in Lehi. I am a cycling/running junkie.
I look forward to future discussions.

bluegoose
04-20-2006, 05:00 PM
Glad to have you. If you haven't already browsed, we've had some interesting discussions since we started the forum. Everything from training tips, to ride reports, to gear questions, and attempts at getting together for an organized ride.

creekster
04-20-2006, 05:55 PM
Welcome. Glad to have another kindred spirit. Ask whatever you want. We may not be right, but we will have an opinion!

Archaea
04-20-2006, 05:56 PM
welcome. Are you doing Lotoja or something else interesting?

Creekster is almost committed as is bluegoose, our resident experts.

The rest of us are just wannabees.

creekster
04-20-2006, 07:09 PM
Arch is once again beeing too kind (and worng). I am no resident expert. I can talk a good game, but he and Bluegoose and our muscle bound friend Steelblue are the ones out there doing it. Like I said, I am never short on opinions.

I am thinking abour LotoJa, but after this morning's ride, not so sure I can be ready for that prime time ride yet.

SteelBlue
04-20-2006, 07:18 PM
our muscle bound friend Steelblue

Yes. My muscle is all bound up in fat.

Quisqueyano
04-20-2006, 08:21 PM
I don't have any plans for LATOJA this year.
Right now I am gearing my training to some triathlons.
My problem is that i spent all winter running. I am still trying to shake the cycling rust off. I did 30 miles yesterday in what felt like a circular wind.
I'm about to head out for a 10 mile run before heading home from work.

creekster
04-20-2006, 08:31 PM
I don't have any plans for LATOJA this year.
Right now I am gearing my training to some triathlons.
My problem is that i spent all winter running. I am still trying to shake the cycling rust off. I did 30 miles yesterday in what felt like a circular wind.
I'm about to head out for a 10 mile run before heading home from work.

It's about 2:30 pm in Utah, and you are going to go for a ten mile run BEFORE you head home for work? I might want that job. WHat do you do?

Quisqueyano
04-20-2006, 08:45 PM
I am a system engineer for a company you all know but which I will decline to name.
let me re-phrase my schedule. i have to stay late to replace a switch at our call center. They don't close til 6pm. So I plan to go for a run, then swing by and do the switch, then head home.

Archaea
04-20-2006, 08:46 PM
What triathlons?

Any halves or full triathlons?

Quisqueyano
04-20-2006, 08:58 PM
Not Iron man distances yet. Maybe a half. I am looking at what I can do based on dates and training. Right now, it looks like the end of summer. Jordanelle is in August, there is an ogden valley one in Sept. If I can do any of the sprint distances between now and then, I might jump on them.

Archaea
04-21-2006, 03:50 AM
Halves and full are where it's at.

I've never done a sprint, only four Olympics, seven halves and one full, with secon full coming up.

Go for it.

Quisqueyano
04-21-2006, 02:44 PM
What I really want to do is an off-road Tri. They have a mountain bike course and a trail run. Distances are shorter because they tend to be more grueling. if anybody know of one in Utah, I'd love to hear about it.

Archaea
04-21-2006, 03:24 PM
Xterras is what they are called IIRC. My friends do them and seem to like them. I'm not much of a mountain biker.

Quisqueyano
04-21-2006, 03:26 PM
I love moutain biking. it provides a nice change-up. Although it is hard to beat going 35 mph on the road bike.

Archaea
04-21-2006, 03:28 PM
If you're going 35 on anything but a descent, you're a stud.

I suppose for a brief sprint I might reach 35, but outside of the 200 meter sprint, that speed is beyond me on a flat or ascent.