PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in this ride?

bluegoose
04-13-2006, 05:55 PM
http://69.10.163.110/billofsail/

I am planning to do this with a couple of guys who are doing their first century. Its a beautiful area. Apparently a fairly easy century, with just under 4,000 feet of climbing. Lots of nice places nearby for day trips.

Location is about 75 miles from Redding, making it about a 3-3.5 hour drive from the Bay Area. Tempurate is probably 15-20 degrees cooler than Redding, hopefully putting it in a tolerable range for mid-July.

Should be fun.

bluegoose
04-13-2006, 06:09 PM
Oh, and tandems count as 1 rider for payment. I assume triples would also count as 1, although I doubt they have ever run into that question before, as I have never actually seen one on the road or during a ride.

Archaea
04-13-2006, 06:15 PM
Where is Fall River Mills?

I might do it during my recovery from the Ironman. It sounds like a nice spinning ride.

bluegoose
04-13-2006, 06:51 PM
It would be quite a trip from LV. and yes, it would be a great spinning ride.

Redding is 160 miles north of Sacramento. Fall River Mills is 75 miles northeast of Redding.

Near major airport is sacramento, smaller airport with direct flights from sac, SF, LA, portland and seattle in Redding. We recently lost our direct from LV due to low volume.

creekster
04-13-2006, 06:57 PM
Looks interesting. I am going to check with my wife and see if we can. (as bad as that sounds, don't forget that a tandem or triple doesn't make much sense if you are by yourself).

SteelBlue
04-13-2006, 07:24 PM
I think I'll join you. I still have to check and see if my son has a swim meet that day. But if he doesn't I think I'll be doing this one. Are you considering doing the Lake Almanor as well?

Hey, if Creekster and Archaea make it we can be team BYU with our jerseys.

bluegoose
04-13-2006, 08:23 PM
My brother is coming up from Vacaville for the ride. He didn't go to BYU, but I got him a jersey this year, as there were no Idaho State Univ jerseys to be found.

2 or 3 others from Redding are considering going, who also have BYU jerseys.

creekster
04-13-2006, 08:43 PM
BYU-o-mania! What a sight to see all those jerseys on the road together. In fact, we should take a picture and then send it to BYU, who might be willing to pay us (or at least me) to never, ever, do it again.

This sounds like fun and it might work for us all.