PDA

View Full Version : Reading the first Chapter of Matthew

Archaea
02-10-2008, 03:33 AM
in Greek and every time I see tous, I think French all instead of the. First Chapter is sure easy to read. I wish they all were that simple.

Anybody have a good site with easy to read Plato?

Frank Ryan
02-10-2008, 04:14 AM
in Greek and every time I see tous, I think French all instead of the. First Chapter is sure easy to read. I wish they all were that simple.

just curious, how many languages are you literate in?

Archaea
02-10-2008, 04:40 AM

English.

I play with others. Solon, Chapel Hill and AA can testify to my terrible Greek. But they humor me and help me along.

It really depends on how one defines that. If you're familiar with the FSI format, English is the only one at which I am a five. I only ever reached above four in German.

The rest vary depending upon time and effort. For example, at one time I knew a couple of thousand Chinese characters but I still couldn't read a Chinese newspaper, so I wasn't literate. So it's really tough to say "literate".

TripletDaddy
02-10-2008, 05:21 AM

Finally. Somebody bit.

All-American
02-10-2008, 05:48 AM

Have you looked at the Okus program before? It's a fairly small downloadable file.

Archaea
02-10-2008, 06:03 PM
Have you looked at the Okus program before? It's a fairly small downloadable file.

I have it on one of my computers but not all.