PDA

View Full Version : The worst housing crisis since the

BYU71
01-22-2008, 01:50 PM
depression?? What is with these people on TV. None of them were born prior to 1985??

In the late seventies interest rates went to 18% on construction loans and if I remember 10% or above on mortgages. Anyone hear of the S&L crisis or the Resolution Trust Corp.

These guys on TV are idiots and only fan the flame.

Yep, I bought this morning.

ute4ever
01-22-2008, 02:05 PM
Were you watching CNN when the market opened? It plunged 449 points in 9 minutes with over 100 million shares traded; it was like watching the scoreboard in the Fassel era when the Utes would go to Nebraska for a money game.

cougjunkie
01-22-2008, 02:07 PM
I hate to say it but this is very good for me. Rates are going to get worse for a day or 2 and then they are going to plummet once again

BYU71
01-22-2008, 02:25 PM
I hate to say it but this is very good for me. Rates are going to get worse for a day or 2 and then they are going to plummet once again

Why will they get worse, the ten year treasury has dropped to 3.68. Is there a temporary fear in the mortgage market the Fed move will be inflationary?

Clark Addison
01-22-2008, 02:26 PM
Were you watching CNN when the market opened? It plunged 449 points in 9 minutes with over 100 million shares traded; it was like watching the scoreboard in the Fassel era when the Utes would go to Nebraska for a money game.

Ha!

cougjunkie
01-22-2008, 04:13 PM
Why will they get worse, the ten year treasury has dropped to 3.68. Is there a temporary fear in the mortgage market the Fed move will be inflationary?

Every time the Feds drop rates they get worse for a day or so, I think it is the fear of uncertainty.

BYU71
01-22-2008, 04:29 PM
depression?? What is with these people on TV. None of them were born prior to 1985??

In the late seventies interest rates went to 18% on construction loans and if I remember 10% or above on mortgages. Anyone hear of the S&L crisis or the Resolution Trust Corp.

These guys on TV are idiots and only fan the flame.

Yep, I bought this morning.

In the interest of full disclosure, what I bought was Zions bank and Washington Mutual. The profits came to fast and I just got out. Not out of my original positions, but the ones I bought this morning.

So if these stocks go way way up from here, I won't be able to claim I called the bottom. I just made some quick trading money, which I don't try to do except maybe twice a year.