PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to bluegoose for the BYU cycling jersey

SteelBlue
02-24-2006, 06:59 PM
They are very cool this year. I also like the fact that they are quite rare. Thanks again for the effort.

Archaea
02-24-2006, 07:09 PM
We received ours as well folks.

They look great friends.

SteelBlue
02-24-2006, 07:13 PM
We received ours as well folks.

They look great friends.

I really like the new/old school logo. Keeps it simple and looks great. I like the Cougars across the front for the same reasons.

creekster
02-24-2006, 07:28 PM
I echo these sentiments. The jerseys look great as do the bibs. Thanks to BlueGoose for his efforts in putting this together.

bluegoose
02-24-2006, 08:02 PM
After seeing creeksters new bib, I'm a little jealous that I didn't get one too. If you can stand the ridicule you receive from your wife when getting ready to ride, bibs are the way to go.

I took my new jersey out for an afternoon ride yesterday and didn't get anything thrown at me. So either the people on the roads liked them as well, or they thought I was a high priced Yale law school grad who would sue the heck out of them if they did send an empty my way.

creekster
02-24-2006, 08:42 PM
After seeing creeksters new bib, I'm a little jealous that I didn't get one too. If you can stand the ridicule you receive from your wife when getting ready to ride, bibs are the way to go.

This is starting to get unnerving. Did I tell you that my wife hates bibs and always ridcules them? I don't get it but for her she thinks there is a huge deffierence between regular bike shorts and bibs. She forbids me to wear the bibs when I am on the tandem or triple with her. Given her unfortunate view on those two bikes I feel like I must defer to her wishes, but I just don't get it. What is it with women and bibs?

SteelBlue
02-24-2006, 10:42 PM
Anytime I wear my bib, my wife just shakes her head and says "gaaay". But as far as function, once you've worn a bib, anything else is second class.

Archaea
02-24-2006, 11:10 PM
Well, my wife laughs no matter what I wear, but I dislike bibs because when you gotta go, it takes too flipping long to get ready to go.

bluegoose
02-24-2006, 11:37 PM
I think we become immune to how silly cycling attire really is. Functional? Absolutely. Otherwise, I for one, would not be caught dead wearing skin tight shorts that, as Steelblue says, "Reveals your religion".

Having gone to high school in the 80's, I remember very few of my friends, let alone what any of them wore. But there are two unfortunate guys that I distinctly remember, not so much for who they were, but for the fact that they frequently wore brightly colored spandex shorts to school. Always a bad idea, even compared with many of the other fashion faux pauxs that showed up in the 80's.

While on the bike, they're fine. At the grocery store or while out mowing the lawn, not so fine.

And btw, has anyone actually looked in the mirror while donning a cycling bib? Its hard to say that you look too sexy while wearing a cycling bib and keep a straight face. Shorts, maybe. But a bib, never.

Archaea
02-25-2006, 12:08 AM
I remember one time walking into a biker bar for a fill up of the old water bottles. You should have seen the guys snickering as I walking in cycling attire.

I left more quickly than I entered.