PDA

View Full Version : Allow myself to introduce...myself.

dut99002
10-02-2007, 08:03 PM
I'm dut99002. I've hung out around the board a few times and thought I should take care of this formality.

I currently live in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area where I work for a major healthcare company. One wife, no kids (one on the way though). I was raised by goodly parents who were Utah fans.

Flame away.

Yoroshiku onegai tashimasu.

DrumNFeather
10-02-2007, 08:06 PM
Welcome.

You're still getting rocked in CB Fantasy Football this week.

Mormon Red Death
10-02-2007, 08:08 PM
I'm dut99002. I've hung out around the board a few times and thought I should take care of this formality.

I currently live in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area where I work for a major healthcare company. One wife, no kids (one on the way though). I was raised by goodly parents who were Utah fans.

Flame away.

Alright... another utah fan working in healthcare!!! what do you do? Dr., nurse, business?

creekster
10-02-2007, 08:55 PM
Welcome. What does your user name mean?

Solon
10-02-2007, 09:18 PM

Flame away.

Parents were Utah fans - did it rub off? Welcome, and congrats on impending fatherhood (I've been a dad for 7 weeks).

dut99002
10-02-2007, 09:21 PM
I work on the business side of healthcare, for a pharmaceutical benefits management company.

dut99002 was my student ID #. Yes, I know, very unoriginal, but I knew that I wouldn't forget it when I first started using it.

dut99002
10-02-2007, 09:26 PM
Parents were Utah fans - did it rub off? Welcome, and congrats on impending fatherhood (I've been a dad for 7 weeks).

Yep, it definitely rubbed off. But to be honest, while I root against BYU in sports some of the time, I have no qualms with Brigham Young University itself. In fact, I attended a Church school and am proud of it.

If my children were to chose to attend BYU over U of U, I would have no problem. Should they switch fanbases though it would definitely raise some eyebrows in my household.

YOhio
10-02-2007, 11:32 PM
Welcome Dut.

WendyCoug
10-02-2007, 11:38 PM
Howdy, neighbor. I appreciate a good Austin Powers reference and am also in DFW. I'm new here, too. I can't say I'm much of a sportsfan at all, but I have fond memories of Provo and there is a strong BYU tradition in my family, so what the heck. Here I am.

Jeff Lebowski
10-03-2007, 12:18 AM

Flame away.

Irashaimase

creekster
10-03-2007, 12:23 AM
Irashaimase

I suppose that is some sort of foreign word but it looks like you may have had a seizure while your fingers were on the keyboard. Are you OK Lebowski?

Jeff Lebowski
10-03-2007, 12:25 AM
I suppose that is some sort of foreign word but it looks like you may have had a seizure while your fingers were on the keyboard. Are you OK Lebowski?

It was a hairball. I am fine now.

TheSizzle36
10-03-2007, 01:36 AM
I guess I should vouch for Dut, since we played Little League Football, Basketball, Fantasy Football, and were almost roommates in college (had he gone to the better Church owned school). I should also add that he is a good Utah fan, in that he has always been a Ute even when they were terrible. He also isn't a jerk to BYU fans...

So having said that, take care of him here. And welcome Dut.

FarrahWaters
10-03-2007, 02:31 AM

Flame away.

Holy crap, yet another Dallas-ite and a Nihongo speaker? What happened to the diversity on this board?

Welcome dut, we live in Dallas too.

BYU71
10-03-2007, 02:40 PM

Flame away.

My memory isn't so good anymore and I can't remember which Ute fans I have had conflicts with. I now can't even remember which BYU fans I have conflicts with.

Anyway, have we had any conflicts?

dut99002
10-03-2007, 04:14 PM
My memory isn't so good anymore and I can't remember which Ute fans I have had conflicts with. I now can't even remember which BYU fans I have conflicts with.

Anyway, have we had any conflicts?

Alzheimer's is setting in already eh? No conflicts between the two of us.

So how about them Redskins!?

dut99002
10-03-2007, 04:15 PM
I guess I should vouch for Dut, since we played Little League Football, Basketball, Fantasy Football, and were almost roommates in college (had he gone to the better Church owned school). I should also add that he is a good Utah fan, in that he has always been a Ute even when they were terrible. He also isn't a jerk to BYU fans...

So having said that, take care of him here. And welcome Dut.

Thank you kind sir.

(A hefty sum has been wired to your Zions National Bank account.)

Mormon Red Death
10-03-2007, 04:34 PM
what's your education and work background? are you pharm sales rep?

dut99002
10-03-2007, 05:06 PM
what's your education and work background? are you pharm sales rep?

B.S., Communication. I deal predominately in the business planning and customer service operations side of a Fortune 100 PBM (prescription benefits management company).

I plan on going back to school in the next few years for an MBA (if everything goes as planned).

Thankfully, I don't have to make calls on doctor's offices daily and give them pens and stress toys with my drug's name printed on the face. Instead, my company 'helps people get drugs at a lower cost'.

marsupial
10-03-2007, 07:34 PM
Holy crap, yet another Dallas-ite
I thought maybe you and Mike were holding home meetings to recruit more members.

Oh, and welcome Dut.

SteelBlue
10-03-2007, 08:56 PM
Thankfully, I don't have to make calls on doctor's offices daily and give them pens and stress toys with my drug's name printed on the face. Instead, my company 'helps people get drugs at a lower cost'.

From what I've seen that isn't a bad gig. Might be a tad boring but for six figures and a company car I could think of worse ways to have to earn it.

dut99002
10-04-2007, 03:26 AM
From what I've seen that isn't a bad gig. Might be a tad boring but for six figures and a company car I could think of worse ways to have to earn it.

Yeah, I've heard that it can be pretty lucrative. My wife's uncle has done it for years in both Dallas and Utah and he is pretty well off. I'm not the sales type though. Plus, I think that I'd get bored really quickly doing that. To each his own I guess.

FMCoug
10-04-2007, 04:52 AM
I thought maybe you and Mike were holding home meetings to recruit more members.

Oh, and welcome Dut.

If you and Danimal hadn't apostasized there would be more Dalalsites than Utahns on this board ... ;)