PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here work for or used to work for any large consulting firms?

Mormon Red Death
09-16-2007, 08:43 PM
Like Accenture, Deloitte and Touche or BCG?

I'm curious as to what their compensation packages are?

A Finance director Typical base pay, bonus and stock options are really what I am looking for

dut99002
10-02-2007, 07:53 PM
I have friends/contacts who have or do work for Accenture, BCG, Bain, Mckinsey and Deloitte. Most of them are in their mid-twenties, but I know two guys who just quit Mckinsey and both are in their 30's. Both graduated from Harvard Business School and easily made over $200k after bonuses (I'm assuming).

I don't think that really answers your question though!

Indy Coug
10-16-2007, 01:47 PM

A Finance director Typical base pay, bonus and stock options are really what I am looking for

I worked for D&T, but as an actuarial consultant, so I can't answer your question.

BYU71
10-16-2007, 01:50 PM

I worked for Price Waterhouse. They paid $14,000 a year. Compensation packages I think have gotten better since then though.

Indy Coug
10-16-2007, 02:01 PM
I worked for Price Waterhouse. They paid $14,000 a year. Compensation packages I think have gotten better since then though.

I'm amazed you can remember your salary from 43 years ago.

MikeWaters
10-16-2007, 02:06 PM
I'm amazed you can remember your salary from 43 years ago.

It's the short-term salary that goes first. I'll be more impressed if he can remember what he makes right now.

BYU71
10-16-2007, 02:26 PM
It's the short-term salary that goes first. I'll be more impressed if he can remember what he makes right now.

I actually don't know what I make right now. I do know I just finished filing my tax return and I paid $189,527 in federal taxes. That was the bad news. The good news is I got a $1,221.57 refund.

RC Vikings
10-16-2007, 02:42 PM
I actually don't know what I make right now. I do know I just finished filing my tax return and I paid $189,527 in federal taxes. That was the bad news. The good news is I got a $1,221.57 refund.

I would think having to pay $189,527 in taxes would be good news. Bad news would be if you qualified for the Earned Income Credit. Maybe VV can take care of that tax problem for you and one day you can have side by side cells.

BYU71
10-16-2007, 02:55 PM
I would think having to pay $189,527 in taxes would be good news. Bad news would be if you qualified for the Earned Income Credit. Maybe VV can take care of that tax problem for you and one day you can have side by side cells.

It would be good news except I am in the 99% tax bracket so there wasn't much left over.

Yea, VV sent me a boardmail inviting me to visit that tax site and said he was lecturing on the program. I haven't had a chance to visit the site. Maybe I will wait a month or two and make sure he isn't posting from some cell somewhere.

MikeWaters
10-16-2007, 02:58 PM
Someone needs to tell VV that he is too old to drive an IROC with no muffler.